The rising fuel prices these days might make us start considering every time we fill the gas up. How can we save as much money as possible at the pump? Upside gas app is here to help you tackle this problem. You can save up to 25 cents per gallon via this free mobile app. So, what is Upside, how it works, and is it legitimate and worth trying? The answers are all in this article.
What is Upside?
Simply put, Upside is a cashback app that provides rewards to users when they purchase from local businesses, namely restaurants, grocery stores, convenience stores, and primarily gas stations).
Upside does not provide discounts, you will pay full price from the stores or pump, then Upside will give the cash back after.
Currently, you can download the app on Google Play Store or the Apple Store. You can also request the download link on the Upside website.
Which service does Upside provide?
Upside provides you with a cashback program, which helps you save money while shopping or eating out. After creating your own account, linking your debit or credit cards to Upside, and sharing your location, the app will show you the deals close to you. You can view these offers overall on the map and pick one you want to learn more about.
When you click on the “Claim” button to activate an offer, Upside will put a timer, which lasts for a few hours. Therefore, you should claim an offer right when you make your purchase. And our advice is you should compare the final price to other stores before making up your mind to buy something. Don’t decide to buy an item just because of its rewards.
Please watch out that, to complete a deal, you have to purchase in the set time and use your credit card. If you find it hard to do it, it is also straightforward to cancel the deal.
After completing the deal, now all you have to do is sit back and wait for the cash back to you. You can choose the method to withdraw your money – via Paypal or direct deposit to your bank account.
Is Upside legit?
So – is Upside legit and trustworthy? The answer is yes – this app is reliable. Upside is totally free, you don’t have to pay any cent to join this cashback program! Moreover, Upside does not require your sensitive private information much, such as your bank account or social security number. They don’t even ask for the card’s entire number.
To purchase after making a deal, you will pay by your personal credit card and upload the bill on its app – that means you don’t have to link it to Upside or anything like that.
About the numbers, Upside currently has 4.6 out of 5 stars on Google Play and 4.8 out of 5 stars on Apple Store; with this app, you also get cash back at over 50.000 locations nationwide, namely Circle K, Gelson’s, Piggly Wiggly, Dairy Queen, BP, Shell, Casey’s, etc.
For these aforementioned reasons, you can believe in the reliability of this brand and start using it!
Upside pros and cons
Everything has 2 sides and Upside is not an exception. Even though it is claimed to be legit to use, this brand has been complained about the price payment method. We will list the pros and cons right below so that you can make up your mind to give it a try or not:
Pros of Upside
Here is the good side of this app:
- Has a foolproof interface: as I have mentioned, it is very easy to sign up for this app. All you have to do is download this app on Google Play or Apple Store, and submit some personal information such as your location, the method you use for cashing out, etc. Then you can claim an offer and complete it!
- Allow you to withdraw: Upside does not give you discounts, but it has a cashback program in which you can receive the amount of money after paying full price for an item. You can get the money back after enjoying your meal, buying what you want, and especially when you fill your gas up. And when you refer Upside to a friend, you will receive 15 cents per gallon on your account. $1 will be transferred to your account whenever your friend buys a gallon of gas using this app – I mean, it lasts forever!
- Offer the utility choices: Upside offers you cashback programs in the gas stations, convenience stores, and also the grocery stores. Furthermore, you can choose the gas grade you use, then Upside will offer you gas stations that rely on the selected grade.
- Process the check-in transaction quickly: it takes 2-3 business days to process the transaction, and there are almost no mistakes, according to some feedback.
Cons of Upside
Besides, Upside has its own disadvantages that are worth considering. Let’s discuss it:
- The limit of payment method: you can only purchase by your credit card. This app does not work with cash. It might be a problem in some circumstances.
- The unavailable access in many countries: Upside currently is just available in the U.S. So even though it connects to thousands of gas stations, restaurants, or grocery stores within the U.S, it is still not available to many people across the world.
- The higher price might happen: some users complained that the cash back from Upside is still higher than its counterparts. That’s why you should consider if it’s a good deal or not before claiming an offer. Never claim it just because of the reward!
Upside service fee
It is absolutely free to use Upside. As long as you purchase at the place that you have claimed, you can get the cashback earnings.
Having a 4.8 out of 5 stars rating in the Apple Store with over 1.5 million customer ratings, 4.5 out of 5 stars in Google Play with over 600,000 customer ratings, Ibotta is one of the most outstanding cash back programs. The difference between Ibotta and Upside is that this brand gives the money back even when you shop online. Ibotta is connected to over 2,000 online retailers besides over 300 in-store retailers including Target, Walmart, QuickTrip, etc at over 500,000 locations.
If you want to buy something online, just go ahead to its site or mobile app, search for the online store you are about to shop, and claim the offer. In case you desire to eat out or purchase in in-person stores, click on the “Shop” on this restaurant’s and store’s site on the Ibotta app or website, and you will receive your cashback activated already.
Ibotta also provides another way to earn money. Whenever someone creates an account by your code, you and this person will be paid $10! About the cash out method, you can select 1 of 3 ways: sending to your bank, your Paypal, or receiving free gift cards.
Similar to Upside, Dosh is a legit mobile app that rewards you for purchases at its partners’ stores. Using this app is also very easy. Just link the app to your debit cards and credit, you can use this app to get the cash back when you book a vehicle on Uber, buy pizza in Pizza Hut stores, purchase for the Apple Music’s Premium or Disney account, etc. This program also works when you book the hotel. Dosh partners with more than 600,000 hotels across the US. And the most attractive news is: you can earn up to 40% cash back when booking a hotel via Dosh. However, nothing in life is perfect, and Dosh is not an exception. You have to pay by your card because this brand does not allow cash or Paypal accounts. Besides, much negative feedback is about the slow customer service and the restricted available country – you can solely use Dosh within the US.
FAQs on Upside
How can I receive the funds back?
With Upside, you can choose the way to get the funds back – you can get the cash via Paypal, transfer to your credit or receive the gift cards. It completely depends on you!
Does my cash back ever expire?
What you will receive when using Upside is the real money, which means it will never expire. You can withdraw your cashback at any given time you want.
How can I contact Upside?
There are many ways to contact Upside when you have problems. You can find the help center inside the Upside app, or you can email its support team for help via: email@example.com
Where is Upside available?
This brand is currently available at hundreds and thousands of restaurants, grocery stores, and gas stations across the US. The Upside team is striving their best to expand the locations available in the app!
Final thoughts on “Is Upside legit?”
Every time you are going to buy anything, don’t forget to open the Upside app to receive cashback offers. We can claim that Upside is legit and trustworthy which you can give it a go.
We hope this article is useful for you. Comment below if you have anything to share!